Reports to: Andrew Murphy, Play-by-Play Broadcaster
Start Date: May 2022
End Date: August 2022
Compensation: College credit available – This position is non-paid.
Status: Part-Time, Seasonal
The Winston-Salem Dash Media Relations Department handles all outgoing communication (press releases, media advisories, media guides, game notes, game previews & recaps), as well as incoming media requests (interviews, credentials, photography/team information requests, etc.). The department also plays a role in the Dash’s digital marketing efforts, contributing to the team website, game-day program, and social media platforms. This position will be involved in several media relations efforts. It will also provide the opportunity to work in a learning environment in professional baseball helping to enable career advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in writing press releases
- Write daily game previews and assist with editing game recaps & other written materials
- Contribute writing content to the Dash’s nightly gameday program
- Write bi-weekly feature stores to be posted on the Dash website and social media outlets
- Assist in miscellaneous projects, including team baseball cards and end of season auction
- Help maintain an organized and professional press box
- Opportunities to venture into other departments such as marketing, corporate sponsorships, ticketing, etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong knowledge of the game of baseball and its various rules, situations, and outcomes. Intermediate knowledge of current and past players, baseball culture & history preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent teamwork skills as well as the ability to work independently and self-motivate
- Strong time management and organizational skills, as well as the ability to meet deadlines
- Presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals
- Video editing skills to create content is a plus, but not required
- Ability to attend company events of all types
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to pull tarp and other manual labor tasks
Please include at least one writing sample and any other materials you feel are relevant with your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.